The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) Red Tape Reduction Working Group is asking for help to identify red tape and regulatory burdens for small businesses.
The Red Tape Reduction Working Group has set up an email address for residents and local businesses to report GNWT regulations and regulatory processes that are unclear, unreasonable, or redundant and welcome suggestions on how to eliminate that red tape.
Please report red tape by sending an email to email@example.com. The Red Tape Reduction Working Group will use the information to determine the regulatory burdens that trouble businesses the most and determine what red tape should be tackled first.
- The Red Tape Reduction Working Group is comprised of representatives from the departments of Finance, Industry Tourism and Investment, and Infrastructure and from the Business Advisory Council and the NWT Association of Communities.
- The Red Tape Reduction Working Group was created in response to the Mandate priority to encourage entrepreneurship by reducing red tape and regulatory burdens on small business. The aim of the Working Group is to drive progress to reducing regulatory burdens for small business.
- The first meeting of the Red Tape Reduction Working Group occurred in February 2021.
- Report red tape: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Red Tape Reduction Working Group
Media Requests, please contact:
Senior Communications Officer
Department of the Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
5003 49 St Yellowknife NT X1A 1P5
Tel: (867) 767-9168 ext. 15015
Fax: (867) 873-0235