The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) has released 20-year forecasts (2020-2040) for in-demand jobs in the Northwest Territories (NWT).
The forecasts enable the GNWT to make informed decisions and adapt our advanced education and training programs, supports and services to better link to the NWT’s labour market needs today and in the future.
The forecasts also inform NWT students and youth of the jobs that are, and will be, in demand, including details on how to access education and training to secure those jobs. This work falls under the NWT’s Skills 4 Success (S4S) 4-year Action Plan 2021-2025.
Using updated Labour Market Information, the forecasts focus on five skill levels/education levels:
-Less than high school education
“Being informed about future opportunities will help students, job seekers and workers in the NWT make informed decisions on their education and training. These forecasts will help residents understand which jobs will be in demand within the next 20 years, and ensure that our labour market is ready to fill gaps and support our residents to succeed.”
- R.J. Simpson, Minister of Education, Culture and Employment
- Employers, educators and trainers can use this information to create human resources strategies and deliver programs that respond to long-term job demand.
- The GNWT Information and Resource Guide outlines the skills development and training programs available to residents and communities.
- NWT Skills 4 Success (S4S) 4-year Action Plan 2021-2025
- GNWT Information and Resource Guide
- Skills 4 Success
- Jobs in Demand – 20-year forecast
For media requests, please contact:
Manager, Public Affairs and Communications
Department of Education, Culture and Employment
Government of the Northwest Territories
867-767-9352 Ext. 71073