The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) is seeking proposals from Northwest Territories’ (NWT) residents and businesses for its NWT Manufacturing Innovation and Technology Contribution.
Up to $100,000 will be awarded to the most compelling proposal for an investment in technology designed to reduce costs and improve productivity, while increasing local employment. Applicants must outline all eligible expenses in their proposal and be prepared to contribute at least 20 per cent equity into the project.
Proposals for this contribution can be received from members of the Northwest Territories Manufacturers Association, as well as individuals, organizations, and businesses looking to become manufacturers.
As a dedicated action in the Northwest Territories Manufacturing Strategy (2019-2024), the contribution is intended to support and encourage innovation in the NWT manufacturing sector by supporting research into existing and emerging technologies.
This is the second year that this contribution has been made available.
The deadline for submissions is midnight on Friday, November 5, 2021.
“As part of the GNWT’s mandate to diversify the economy, Manufacturing is a promising and growing sector. The more we create new partnerships and leverage work already underway in the territory, the more economic opportunities we create for local businesses, communities, and the territory as a whole. The NWT Manufacturing Innovation and Technology Contribution will provide direct financial support to one successful applicant to advance their business idea while contributing to the spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation across the Territory.”
- Caroline Wawzonek, Minister of Industry, Tourism and Investment
- Entries are to be submitted via email to BIP@gov.nt.ca by midnight on Friday, November 5, 2021.
- The successful applicant will be required to have an equity contribution of at least 20 per cent of their proposal.
- In 2020, Poison Graphics in Hay River received the contribution to support the purchase of an HP R200 Latex Printer allowing the company to expand their product lines to add affordable custom printed packaging and displays. The new technology is also reducing waste and production costs while contributing to improved delivery times.
- Manufacturing Innovation and Technology Contribution
- Northwest Territories Manufacturing Strategy 2019-2024
- GNWT Investment to Expand Economic Impact of Manufacturing in Hay River
For media requests, please contact:
Strategic Advisor, Communications
Industry, Tourism and Investment
Government of the Northwest Territories
1-867-767-9202 ext. 63039