The Government of the Northwest Territories and Sport North Federation are calling for applications for the 2023-2024 High Performance Athlete Grant.
The High Performance Athlete Grant provides funding for high performance athletes from the Northwest Territories to assist with costs associated with training and competing in their chosen sport. The funding level for each recipient is based on athletic achievement and recognition at the national or international level.
To be eligible for a grant, you must:
- Be a member in good standing of a National or Territorial Sport Organization;
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant;
- Be a Northwest Territories resident;
- Not be employed on a full-time basis (over 20 hours per week);
- Not be receiving remuneration from any professional sport league or team; and
- Reside outside the Northwest Territories for the duration of your respective sport season.
Deadline: The application (including all required documents) deadline for 2023-2024 High Performance Athlete Grant is November 2, 2023. No additional submissions will be considered after the deadline.
MACA:Damon Crossman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 867-767-9166
Sport North:Bill Othmer at email@example.com or 867-669-8336
For media requests, please contact:
Communications Planning Specialist
Municipal and Community Affairs
Government of the Northwest Territories