A new funding initiative will enable commercial agriculture producers in the Northwest Territories to make larger investments in their operations.
Proposals are being accepted from NWT-based producers, processors, retailers and organizations for investments in excess of $100,000 to a maximum of $200,000.
To be eligible, projects will need to address at least one of the following outcomes:
• Increase competitiveness, productivity or profitability;
• Increase environmental sustainability;
• Expand domestic and international markets; or
• Improve the anticipation, mitigation and response to risks.
Funding will be delivered by the Department of Industry Tourism and Investment under the existing Canadian Agriculture Partnership. The deadline for applications is November 9, 2020.
“Our agricultural industry is growing and so are the capital requirements of its commercial producers. This initiative responds to requests to support large-scale development on established and growing farms. It will allow us to invest with producers in clearing new land, building new greenhouses and storage facilities, and investing in new technologies and equipment to improve operational efficiencies and processing capacity.”
- Caroline Wawzonek, Minister of Industry, Tourism and Investment
• Funded projects will need to be completed before March 31, 2021.
• Total available funding is $400,000.
• Applications will be evaluated by an interdisciplinary evaluation committee.
For all media requests, please contact:
Government of the Northwest Territories