The Department of Education, Culture and Employment (ECE) and the NWT Literacy Council are extending the nomination deadline for the annual NWT Ministerial Literacy Awards to September 3, 2021.
These awards provide an opportunity to honour the literacy achievements of youth and adult learners, exceptional educators, and organizations and businesses across the territory. Up to eight ministerial literacy awards may be given each year.
Ministerial Literacy Awards include:
· Youth Learner Literacy Award
· Adult Learner Literacy Award
· Youth Indigenous Language Champion Award
· Outstanding NWT Educator Award
· Outstanding Support for Literacy Development NWT Business Award
· Second Language Learner Award
· Supporting Literacy Through Technology Award
· Outstanding Non-Profit Support for Literacy/Language Development
Nomination forms are available on ECE’s website.
For media requests, please contact:
Public Affairs and Communications
Education, Culture and Employment
Government of the Northwest Territories