Caroline Cochrane, Minister of Education, Culture and Employment (ECE), today launched the Postsecondary Education Visioning Survey and invites all residents of the NWT to participate in this important process.
The Government Response to the Aurora College Foundational Review committed to establishing a vision for postsecondary education in the NWT -- a common vision to guide future decision-making around education after high school.
It is important for this vision to reflect the views, beliefs and ideas of the people of the Territory. To ensure that occurs, the process of establishing a vision and goals for postsecondary education will include input from residents and stakeholders from across the NWT in the form of a survey.
Everyone in the NWT is invited to complete the short postsecondary education vision survey. There are three ways to do so:
- Online at home at www.ece.gov.nt.ca/PSEvisionsurvey
- Online at an ECE Service Centre or a GSO Office.
- Paper copies are available from your local GSO and can be faxed in from home or from an ECE Service Centre or GSO office.
In addition to the public survey, the GNWT is coordinating a public speaker series to help inspire discussion around the future of our postsecondary education system. There are seven speaking events throughout the month of March with events taking place in Inuvik, Fort Smith and Yellowknife.
The vision and goals will be shared as part of the postsecondary education framework that will be released publicly this summer.
“A vision for postsecondary education in the Northwest Territories needs to be reflective of the hopes, dreams and priorities of our residents. I encourage everyone to take the time to complete the survey – it’s important for both our generation and for future generations.”
– Caroline Cochrane, Minister of Education, Culture and Employment
- Survey is available at www.ece.gov.nt.ca/PSEVisionSurvey
- Survey open to everyone in the NWT
- Survey is open until April 23 at 8 a.m.
- Speaker Series on Postsecondary Education is free and open to the public
- Speaker Series schedule available at www.ece.gov.nt.ca/PSESpeakerSeries
Senior Communications Advisor
Department of Education, Culture and Employment
P. 867-767-9352 x 71031