Truly Spectacular Career Opportunities!
Health and Social Services professionals have access to career opportunities, as well as exciting living experiences, throughout the Northwest Territories (NWT). These experiences range from working in the Territorial Hospital located in the capital city through to working in a community clinic in a remote fly in community.
All of our health and social services employees are part of a team that provides high quality programs and services to northerners throughout the NWT.
Often health professionals have the option to work anwyere; here are a few reasons why we think you should consider the NWT:
- Generous Leave Allowances - Employees earn 16.5 days off during their first year of employment, this is on top of mandatory leave, special leave and even winter bonus days!
- Training Opportunities - Team members are offered regular on the job training and additional professional development is available on a case by case basis.
- Competitive Salary and Pension - Most roles have a starting salary of around $90K plus additional allowances. Employees are part of a defined pension plan administered by the Government of Canada.
- Additional Allowances - On top of a Northern Living Allowance there are additional allowances paid out for uniforms and laundry, education, and specialized training.
- Incredibly Short Commutes - Most northerners enjoy some of the shortest (8 - 12 minute) commute times in the country often on foot or by bike!
- Relocation Assistance – We will arrange and pay for your move to the NWT.
If you’d like to make a difference and have a positive impact within one of our great northern communities, apply today!