Youth are the future of our public service and the Government of Northwest Territories (GNWT) is committed to investing in northern youth by providing employment opportunities for growth and development. Through the Internship Program, departments recruit post-secondary northern graduates into positions related to their field of study. Interns earn valuable work experience, on the job training, and continued mentorship while learning about working as a GNWT public servant.
The average annual salary for an intern is $65,000 to $70,000.
- Interns have access to the same training and development opportunities as full-time employees, including team mentorship.
- Opportunities are available across the GNWT's 11 Departments and 13 agencies.
- The GNWT develops and implements diverse programs and services guaranteeing your education history and personal interests will align with a career opportunity in our public service.
- Internships are entry level positions with plenty of opportunity to learn as you go.
- Paid internships last up to two years.
- Interns receive full benefits including health and dental coverage, as well as sick, mandatory and paid annual leave.
For more information about the program and eligibility please review the Program Guidelines.