The Community Harvesters Assistance Program provides funding assistance to hunters and trappers to offset capital and operating costs of harvesting activities. Funding is available for the purchase of small tools and related equipment that is required to store, process and preserve foods from community hunts or harvests.
Annual funding is provided to Local Wildlife Committees (LWCs) and/or Renewable Resource Councils (RRCs) for distribution to their members.
These organizations will let members know how funds will be distributed.
Annual funding is made available to recognized Local Wildlife Committees (LWCs) and/or Renewable Resource Councils (RRCs) for distribution to their members.
Awarded annually. Applications open year-round.
This funding is open to all recognized Local Wildlife Committees and/or Renewable Resource Councils for distribution to their NWT membership.How to apply
Local Wildlife Committees (LWCs) and Renewable Resource Councils (RRCs):
- Contact your regional Environment and Climate Change (ECC) office to get started.
- Develop your proposal.
- Submit your proposal to your regional office when complete.
Hunters and Trappers
- Hunters and trappers are to contact their local Wildlife Committee (LWC) and/or Renewable Resource Council (RRC) for funding assistance.
- LWCs and RRCs will let members know how funds will be distributed.
- Community Harvesters Assistance Program – Process Evaluation Final Report 2023
- CHAP Intake and Funding Form
North Slave Regional Office
Environment and Climate Change
PO Box 2668
3803 Bretzlaff Drive
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2P9
Phone: 1-867-767-9238 ext. 53247