The deadline to register for Disaster Assistance, for those affected by the 2022 flood in Hay River, is August 10, 2022. It is critical that those who intend to apply for Disaster Assistance be registered by the deadline so that their disaster assistance claim can be processed once their repairs have been completed. Pathfinders are available to assist you with registration if needed.
- Applicants may apply for disaster financial assistance if insurance coverage was not available or if the cost exceeded what insurance covers.
- For Residents: Damages are valued at more than $1,000.
- For Small Businesses:
- Damages are valued at more than $5,000
- Business is owner-operated
- Annual revenue is between $10,000 and $2 million
- Business has no more than the equivalent of 20 full time employees
- Non-profit organizations are eligible in the small business category if:
- Damages are valued at more than $5,000.
- They deliver an essential service (e.g.: food, shelter, addictions programming, support for families experiencing family violence, etc.)
- They are registered and in good standing with the requirements of the Societies Act.
For more information including registration forms go to: https://www.maca.gov.nt.ca/en/services/flood-recovery
GNWT Pathfinders are available to guide you through flood recovery. Contact them at:
In person at the MACA Office in Hay River (Court House Building).
For media requests, please contact:
Director, Corporate Affairs
Municipal and Community Affairs
Government of the Northwest Territories
(867) 767-9162 ext. 21035