Applications are now being accepted for Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) scholarships to help increase the number of qualified early childhood development professionals in the Northwest Territories (NWT).
Thirty scholarships valued at $5,000 each will be awarded to eligible NWT students enrolled in a diploma or degree programs with a direct focus in Early Childhood Development during the 2021-2022 academic year.
Application deadline: October 15, 2021 at 5 p.m. (MST)
Interested students can visit www.gov.nt.ca/elcc-scholarship for details on eligibility and on how to apply
- ECE has been providing Early Learning and Child Care Scholarships to NWT post-secondary students since 2014. To date, 128 scholarships have been awarded, totaling $640,000.
- COVID-19 has required post-secondary institutions to change the way they deliver programming. Post-secondary students attending programs that are typically in-person, but are now online, are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Preference is given to those:
- Enrolled in their first year of study
- Who haven’t received an ELCC scholarship before
- From a small NWT community (any community other then Hay River, Fort Smith, Fort Simpson, Inuvik, Norman Wells, or Yellowknife)
- Planning on returning to the NWT after graduation to pursue a career in early childhood development.
For media requests, please contact:
Manager, Public Affairs and Communications
Department of Education, Culture and Employment
Government of the Northwest Territories
867-767-9352 Ext. 71073