The Government of the Northwest Territories and the Business Advisory Council have agreed on Terms of Reference to guide the work of the Council moving forward.
The Business Advisory Council’s mandate will be twofold:
- To provide advice to the Minister of Industry, Tourism and Investment on mitigating the short-term economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on Northwest Territories businesses and to advise and recommend on the longer-term actions and initiatives required to support businesses in their recovery;
- To provide advice and make recommendations to the Executive Council in the development and implementation of “The Emerge Stronger Plan” to support the economic and social recovery of the NWT.
Input received from the Business Advisory Council will be considered as part of the regular decision-making process of the Government of the Northwest Territories.
We have established the Business Advisory Committee as a means to support the information sharing and dialogue needed to address our current economic challenges. It is critical that our government has access to the experience, talent, and resources of the NWT’s private sector and that this input is part of our decision making.
- Hon. Katrina Nokleby, Minister of Industry Tourism and Investment
“The NWT Business Advisory Council is very pleased to realize this significant milestone in the work of the Council. The Terms of Reference are an important guiding document that will define the work of the Council in the months to come. The Council is very appreciative of the collaboration with Minister Nokleby and the GNWT as we work together to re-vitalize the economy of the NWT.”
- Ms. Jenni Bruce, Northwest Territories Chamber of Commerce & Mr. Paul Gruner, President of Det’on Cho Corporation, Co-Chairs of the Business Advisory Council
- The Business Advisory Council is one of three such advisory bodies envisioned by the GNWT’s Emerging Stronger Plan
- The Business Advisory Council is made up of 16 different organizations representing the interests of businesses in the NWT.
- The Advisory Council is in place until March 31, 2022
Media Requests, please contact:
Government of the Northwest Territories