The Department of Health and Social Services released the 2018 NWT Community Counselling Program (CCP) Client Satisfaction Questionnaire Report.
The CCP Client Satisfaction Report for 2018 has shown that a majority of clients who responded were satisfied or very satisfied with their overall experience in accessing services, and that a majority of those who responded were satisfied with the changes in their lives since beginning counselling services.
The questionnaires were conducted from August 15 to October 15, 2018, and capture findings from individuals accessing the CCP, as well as individuals who previously accessed the service. .
Some of the findings from the 2018 report include:
- 85% of individuals reported being satisfied or very satisfied with their overall counselling experience.
- 66% of individuals reported being satisfied or very satisfied with the wait times for counselling services.
- 91% of individuals reported being satisfied or very satisfied with the counsellors respect for their individual needs, preferences, and values.
- 72% of individuals reported being satisfied or very satisfied with the information given to them on other programs and services.
This is the third time the questionnaire has been used to help gage the overall satisfaction with the community counselling program. The invaluable insight gained from the questionnaire feeds into program planning and development activities.
The Department of Health and Social Services is committed to being as responsive and effective as possible in meeting the evolving health and wellness needs of NWT residents. An important part of improving service delivery and support will continue to be making opportunities like the CCP questionnaire available to clients in the years to come.
“The Community Counselling Service-User Satisfaction Report provides invaluable insight into where we have had success and where there is room for improvement. Hearing first-hand from our service-users on what is working for them and what areas can be improved is part of our commitment to residents to listen and learn so that we can do better.”
- Honourable Glen Abernethy, Minister of Health and Social Services, GNWT
- 149 questionnaires were completed by individuals accessing CCP during August 15 to October 15, 2018.
- This is the third time that the Department of Health and Social Services has sought direct feedback from clients through a Community Counselling Program questionnaire. The questionnaire reported on levels of satisfaction with: Quality of Service; Access to Services; Respecting Values and Preferences; and Communication and Education.
- Service-user satisfaction is an indicator that sees which services and supports meet the needs of individuals and families.
- CCP offers free counselling services to NWT residents.
- CCP services include assessment, crisis intervention, referrals for treatment, counselling, follow-up and aftercare support.
- CCP is located in 19 communities across the territory, with telephone and fly-in services available to communities without a local counsellor.
- NWT Community Counselling Program Client Satisfaction Report 2018
- NWT Community Counselling Program Client Satisfaction Report 2016
- NWT Community Counselling Program Client Satisfaction Report 2013
- NWT Community Counselling Program
Manager of Communications
Department of Health and Social Services
Government of the Northwest Territories
1-867-767-9090 ext. 49034