Apply for funding
In this section
One important way that NWT CIMP generates cumulative impact monitoring and research information is by providing funding through an annual funding process for both Science projects and traditional knowledge projects to:
- Indigenous, federal, territorial and municipal governments
- academic institutions
- non-governmental organizations
Scientific proposals must address Blueprint priorities.
An initial call for Letters of Intent (LOI) occurs in the fall and funding decisions are made in the spring. It is a competitive process in which reviewers and the NWT CIMP Steering Committee make funding recommendations to the program.
NWT CIMP has created Pathway to Better Monitoring in Canada's North, a step-by-step guide to designing northern monitoring programs using the pathway approach that encourages collaboration between science and indigenous knowledge, and addresses community and decision-makers' needs.
Another important resource for researchers to consider when working with Indigenous partners is Towards reconciliation: 10 Calls to Action to natural scientists working in Canada.
- Letter of Intent Issued: July 28, 2023
- Letter of Intent Deadline: October 12, 2023
- Proposals Invited: November 17, 2023 (successful LOI recipients only)
- Proposal Deadline: January 11, 2024
- Announcement of Project Funding: late April 2024