Apply for a hunting licence

Hunting Licence for NWT residents

Who needs this licence?

You need a resident hunting licence (RES) if you are a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant who has been living in the NWT for 12 continuous months.

How much does it cost?

Fees for a resident hunting licence are charged for the tag, and vary by species of game. For more information, view the Wildlife Fees Regulations.

Where can I get it?

Available in person from your local or regional ECC Office.

Where can I find more detailed information?

The information in this section is intended as an overview.

There are different types of licences required to harvest in the NWT, depending on where you live, what game you are after, and whether you are an Aboriginal harvester.

Additional permission, permits or licences may be required, depending on where you live, what you plan to hunt, and what you intend to do with your harvest.  

For more detailed information, see: